Celebrate National Medical Biller’s Day on March 30th, 2017
Join Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School in recognizing the important work that medical billers do on March 30th, 2017. National Medical Biller’s Day was proclaimed by the American Medical Billing Association (AMBA) to recognize the vital role that medical billing specialists have in the healthcare industry.
How Can I Become a Medical Biller?
At ACI Medical & Dental School’s Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant program, students will learn everything they need to become a certified billing and coding specialist in either the Medical or Dental field, including:
- Reviewing medical and patient records, submitting claims, and answering questions about those claims.
- HIPAA, Medicare, and Medicaid requirements and procedures.
- Using diagnostic and procedural coding.
- Professional interaction with patients and medical staff.
- Understanding medical and dental practice settings.
- Understanding various types of medical health care plans and insurance, as well as New Jersey state laws and regulations regarding those plans.
- Medical terminology and diagnoses.
Where Do Medical Billers Work?
Medical billing and coding specialists are qualified to work in a variety of healthcare settings including hospitals, nursing homes, physician offices, and dental offices, as well as State and Federal government organizations.
Students who complete our Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant program will be qualified to take the National Credentialing as a Certified Billing and Coding Specialist, Certified Medical Administrative Assistant, and Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist. National Medical Biller’s Day is the perfect opportunity to learn more about this exciting and in-demand field, so contact us today!