NJ Dental Assistant Training at ACI Medical & Dental School
The Dental Assistant Training program at ACI Medical & Dental School gives NJ students the knowledge and skills necessary to become a Dental Assistant with Radiology in less than four months. Our school, conveniently located in Eatontown, NJ, provides hands-on training with state of the art dental equipment in our on-site laboratory. With the national increase in healthcare-related services, the need for Dental Assistants is rapidly increasing. Jobs for Dental Assistants are expected to increase by 8% by 2031, so there has never been a better time to pursue this career.
Features Of Our Dental Assistant Training Program
ACI Medical & Dental School offers added value for our students that sets us apart from other programs. Some of the advanced features of our Dental Assistant Training Program include:
- DANB Certification. Students who successfully complete our Dental Assistant Training program will receive certification in radiation health and safety through the Dental Assistant National Board Examination.
- Dental Radiology Licensing. Our program also includes a license in Radiology through the New Jersey Environmental Protection Agency, necessary for administering and developing x-rays, a key responsibility of Dental Assistants.
- We also offer Dental Radiology as a standalone secondary program if all qualifications are met.
- Career Assistance. Our Career Assistance Program (CAP) is a required component of the Dental Assistant with Radiology program. This comprehensive career readiness training program provides students with the strategies to make career planning a success and assist in reaching her or her employment goals after attending our Dental Assistant school.
- Read our blog post on Interview Tips for Dental Assistants
Our on-site laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment will guarantee our students are learning the material to their highest potential with the right tools. The staff at ACI Medical & Dental School work in the dental field and have the experience and expertise to provide students with the proper education and real-world training experience.
Flexible Class Options and Financial Aid
ACI Medical & Dental School offers a comprehensive Dental Assistant program with two scheduling options to accommodate students’ varying needs. The accelerated daytime program spans a concise 14 weeks, while the evening classes offer an extended 29-week course for individuals that may be on a strict timeline due to daytime obligations. Both programs equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel as Dental Assistants, ensuring proficiency in various tasks and responsibilities.
For those seeking financial assistance, ACI Medical & Dental School is approved for Federal Direct Loans (FAFSA) and VA benefits, providing financial assistance to qualifying students. Eligible students can apply for and receive federal financial aid to help cover the cost of their education. With these options, students can pursue their dreams of becoming Dental Assistants without worrying about the financial burden of paying for their education upfront.
Our Dental Assistant Internship Program
Completion of a dental internship is an important part of our Dental Assistant program and certification. For students enrolled in our daytime classes, a 180-hour internship is required, while evening students must complete a 100-hour internship.
These internships offer valuable hands-on training in the daily responsibilities of a Dental Assistant in a live dental office setting. This important part of our certification program equips students with the practical skills and experience necessary to succeed in the dental field.
Upon completion of an internship program, students will be prepared to enter the dental field with real-world experience.
What Does a Dental Assistant Do?
Dental Assistants enhance the efficiency of any dental care team. Using their strong communication and interpersonal skills, Dental Assistants ensure that patients feel comfortable while office operations run smoothly. Dental Assistants have a range of important daily responsibilities including:
- Assisting the dentist with intra-oral dental procedures
- Communicating with patients
- Processing and sterilizing dental instruments and equipment, tray set-ups
- Radiological tasks such as exposing and processing x-rays
- Helping to manage the front office of the dental practice
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR)
- A thorough understanding of Dental terminology and anatomy, emergency procedures, and clinical procedures will be utilized throughout the Dental Assistant’s typical day.
Technical Standards For a Dental Assistant
Dental Assistant students at ACI Medical & Dental School will be expected to:
- Adhere to strict infection control protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Move equipment, examination tables, chairs.
- Walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Possess good hand and eye coordination skills for reading charts and using dental supplies.
- Utilize their senses to recognize changes in patient conditions and needs.
- Hear and understand verbal instructions from patients quickly.
- Check vital signs for all patients.
Health and Communication Standards For a Dental Assistant
Our students will have to meet certain health and communication standards as well. They must be able to consistently demonstrate emotional, mental, and physical health in order to do the following:
- Handle stressful situations related to technical and procedural standards and patient care solutions.
- Implement social skills necessary to interact with patients, families, supervisors and coworkers of all different cultures and backgrounds.
- Communicate accurate information from patients, family members, and dental staff
What is the Job Outlook for Dental Assistants?
Like many careers in the healthcare field, the demand for Dental Assistants is outpacing qualified candidates and there are more jobs than employers can fill! The Bureau of Labor Statistics has stated that by 2031 there is an expected 8% increase in job growth for Dental Assistants, which is much higher than the average growth rate across all occupations. With our excellent graduation and employment rates, there has never been a better time to pursue this growing career at ACI Medical & Dental School!
Students who complete this program will be prepared for a wide variety of in-demand careers, including:
- Surgical Dental Assistant
- Oral Surgery Assistant
- Orthodontic Assistant (Ortho Asst)
- Orthodontic Technician
Dental Assistants are qualified individuals who play a significant role in the dental team. Dental Assistants execute a variety of tasks, which include patient care and office or laboratory duties. Dental Assistants can also advance to other careers, such as office manager, research associate, dental sales representative, dental hygienist, and dentist.
Learn More About Our Dental Assistant Training Program
ACI Medical and Dental School is the perfect choice for individuals seeking dental certification. With more than 18 years of experience in providing career training, we offer high-quality programs designed to prepare students for success in the medical and dental industries.
Our unique training programs deliver exceptional student outcomes and success rates. Our Dental Assistant Program with Radiology offers hands-on training with experienced faculty and staff. Once a student has successfully completed our program, they will be ready to work with dentists and patients as part of a dental team.
Ready to take the first step toward an in-demand career in the dental industry? Contact us today to learn more.