NJ Dental Assistant Training at ACI Medical & Dental School
The Dental Assistant Training program at ACI Medical & Dental School gives NJ students the knowledge and skills necessary to become a Dental Assistant with Radiology in just four months. Our school, conveniently located in Eatontown, NJ, provides hands-on training with state of the art dental equipment in our on-site laboratory. With the national increase in healthcare-related services, the need for dental assistants is rapidly increasing. Jobs for Dental Assistants are expected to increase by 11% by 2032, so there has never been a better time to pursue this career.
Features Of Our Dental Assistant Training Program
ACI Medical & Dental School offers added value for our students that sets us apart from other programs. Some of the advanced features of our Dental Assistant Training Program include:
- DANB Certification. Students who successfully complete our Dental Assistant Training program will receive certification in radiation health and safety through the Dental Assistant National Board Examination. We are proud of our students’ pass rates on DANB exams:
- Dental Radiology Licensing. Our program also includes a license in Radiology through the New Jersey Environmental Protection Agency, necessary for administering and developing x-rays, a key responsibility of dental assistants.
- We also offer Dental Radiology as a standalone secondary program if all qualifications are met.
- Career Assistance. Our Career Assistance Program (CAP) is a required component of the Dental Assistant with Radiology program. This comprehensive career readiness training program provides students with the strategies to make career planning a success and assist in reaching her or her employment goals after attending our Dental Assistant school.
- Read our blog post on Interview Tips for Dental Assistants
Our on-site laboratory with state-of-the-art equipment will guarantee our students are learning the material to their highest potential with the right tools. The staff at ACI Medical & Dental School work in the dental field and have the experience and expertise to provide students with the proper education and real-world training experience.
Our 180-Hour Dental Assistant Internship
Completion of a 180-hour internship at a dental facility is a critical component of our students’ education and career preparation. This important opportunity provides our students with the necessary skills and experience required in the dental field while building the students’ resume. With our internship, students will get hands-on experience in the day-to-day responsibilities of a Dental Assistant in a real dentist office setting. This important opportunity will provide students with the necessary skills and experience required in the dental field, while simultaneously building a strong resume.
What Does a Dental Assistant Do?
Dental assistants enhance the efficiency of any dental care team. Using their strong communication and interpersonal skills, dental assistants ensure that patients feel comfortable while office operations run smoothly. Dental assistants have a range of important daily responsibilities including:
- Assisting the dentist with intra-oral dental procedures
- Communicating with patients
- Processing and sterilizing dental instruments and equipment, tray set-ups
- Radiological tasks such as exposing and processing x-rays
- Helping to manage the front office of the dental practice
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR)
- A thorough understanding of Dental terminology and anatomy, Emergency Procedures, and clinical procedures will be utilized throughout the Dental Assistant’s typical day.
What is the Job Outlook for Dental Assistants?
Like many careers in the healthcare field, the demand for Dental Assistants is outpacing qualified candidates and there are more jobs than employers can fill! The Bureau of Labor Statistics has stated that between 2019 and 2029 there is an expected 7% increase in job growth for Dental Assistants, which is much higher than the average growth rate across all occupations. With our excellent graduation and employment rates, there has never been a better time to pursue this growing career at ACI Medical & Dental School!
Students who complete this program will be prepared for a wide variety of in demand careers, including:
- Surgical Dental Assistant
- Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
- Certified Registered Dental Assistant
- Expanded Duty Dental Assistant (EDDA)
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Oral Surgery Assistant
- Orthodontic Assistant (Ortho Asst)
- Orthodontic Technician
Dental assistants are qualified individuals who play a significant role in the dental team. Dental assistants execute a variety of tasks, which include patient care and office or laboratory duties. Dental assistants can also advance to other careers, such as office manager, research associate, dental sales representative, dental hygienist, and dentist.
Learn More About Our Dental Assistant Training Program
ACI Medical & Dental School in Eatontown, NJ provides students with the skills necessary to become a Dental Assistant with Radiology through hands-on training with our experienced faculty and state of the art equipment. Once a student has successfully completed this program, they will be ready to work with dentists and patients as part of a dental team. If you are interested in enrolling in ACI Medical & Dental School’s Dental Assistant Training program, contact us today and take the first step towards an exciting, in-demand new career!