Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools, or MSA-CESS. We are proud of this distinction due to MSA-CESS’s rigorous standards of education and focus on ethics. Advantage Career Institute is accredited until May 1, 2018.
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Commission on Secondary Schools
3624 Market Street, 2 West
Philadelphia, PA 19104
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation is the validation process through which a secondary school, university, college, or other institution of higher learning is evaluated. The goal of accreditation is to make sure that a school is providing education that meets the required levels of quality, and that graduates of the school achieve credentials necessary for a professional career.
An accrediting agency typically assesses a school based on criteria such as:
- Quality of Education
- Services Available to Students
- The School’s Objectives and Goals
- Student Requirements for Admissions
- Overall Mission of the School
- The School’s Reputation
Why is Accreditation Important?
Investing in your education is a critical first step to starting a promising new career in the in-demand medical and dental fields. Employers want to make sure that candidates have received a quality education from an accredited school and have the skills necessary to succeed in their position. It is important to know that you are choosing a school that meets the high educational standards of a reputable organization such as MSA-CESS, one of the six regional accreditation agencies in the United States. According to MSA-CESS, an accredited school is one that:
- Adheres to the Middle States Standards for Accreditation;
- Uses its mission, beliefs, and goals as the basis for daily decision-making;
- Operates in the public interest and in accordance with ethical practice;
- Accepts responsibility for the level of performance of its students;
- Remains committed to continuous improvement in student learning and to its capacity to produce the levels of learning desired and expected by its community;
- Operates in a collegial and collaborative way with all of its stakeholders;
- Sustains its focus on implementing recommendations, addressing monitoring issues and correcting stipulations that may be part of its notification of accreditation and fulfills its maintenance requirements to the Commissions.
Schedule an appointment today to learn how ACI Medical & Dental School can start you on the path to a new career.