NJ Medical Assistant Certification at ACI Medical & Dental School
At ACI Medical & Dental School, conveniently located in Eatontown, NJ, our Medical Assistant Certification program provides students with the skills and knowledge required to become a Certified Medical Assistant in just four months. Our students receive hands-on training with state of the art medical equipment in our on-site laboratory. With jobs for Medical Assistants expected to increase 23% by 2028, there has never been a better time to pursue this in-demand career!
Features Of Our Medical Assistant Certification Program
ACI Medical & Dental School offers added value for our students that sets us apart from other programs. Some of the advanced features of our Medical Assistant Certification Program include:
- NHA Certification. Students who successfully complete the Medical Assistant program will be certified through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and prepared to work in a variety of health care settings including doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities assisting doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals. We are proud of our students’ pass rates on NHA exams:
- Secondary Certification Training. Our Medical Assistant Certification program includes training for EKG, phlebotomy and patient care technician certifications.
- Career Assistance. Our Career Assistance Program (CAP) is an important component of the Medical Assistant Certification Program. This comprehensive career readiness training program provides students with the strategies to make career planning a success and assist in reaching his or her employment goals after completing our Medical Assistant program.
- Read our blog post on Interview Tips for Medical Assistants
Our 180-Hour Medical Assistant Internship
Completion of a 180-hour internship at a medical facility is a critical component of our students’ education and career preparation. This important opportunity provides our students with the necessary skills and experience required in the medical field while building the students’ resume. With our internship, students will get hands-on experience in the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant in real healthcare settings including doctors offices, clinics, and hospitals.
What Does a Medical Assistant Do?
An integral member of any healthcare team, a certified Medical Assistant has a wide range of career opportunities and a growing job outlook. The job description of a Medical Assistant varies depending on the healthcare facility and can include both administrative and clinical tasks. Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant include:
- Assisting doctors in physical exams and minor surgeries.
- Taking patients’ vital signs, height and weight measurements.
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR).
- Sterilizing medical instruments and sanitizing examination rooms.
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures.
- Other clinical procedures as required by the medical facility.
- A thorough understanding of Medical terminology, Anatomy and physiology, Medical law and ethics, and HIPAA regulations will be utilized throughout the Medical Assistant’s typical day.
- Front office procedures including answering phones, scheduling appointments, and billing and coding.
What is the Job Outlook for Medical Assistants?
Like many careers in the healthcare field, the demand for Medical Assistants is outpacing qualified candidates and there are more jobs than employers can fill! The Bureau of Labor Statistics has stated that between 2018 and 2028 there is an expected 23% increase in job growth for Medical Assistants, which is much higher than the average across all occupations. With our excellent graduation and employment rates, there has never been a better time to pursue this growing career at ACI Medical & Dental School!
Students who complete this program will be prepared for a wide variety of in demand careers, including:
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Clinical Assistant
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- Chiropractor Assistant
- Doctor Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- Ophthalmic Technician
- Optometric Assistant
- Optometric Technician
- Medical Lab Assistant
- Lab Liaison Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Mobile Examiner
- Patient Service Technician (PST)
- Registered Phlebotomist
- Phlebotomy Technician
Learn More About Our Medical Assistant Certification Program
At ACI Medical & Dental School, our faculty and administration is committed to your success, and our affiliation agreements with major New Jersey hospitals, doctor offices, and clinics provide students with internship and future employment opportunities. If you are interested in enrolling in ACI Medical & Dental School’s Medical Assistant Certification program, contact us today and take the first step towards an exciting, in-demand new career!