NJ Medical Assistant Certification at ACI Medical & Dental School
At ACI Medical & Dental School, conveniently located in Eatontown, New Jersey, our Medical Assistant Certification program provides students with the skills and knowledge required to become a Certified Medical Assistant in less than five months. Our students receive hands-on training with state-of-the-art medical equipment in our on-site laboratory. With jobs for Medical Assistants expected to increase 16% by 2031, there has never been a better time to pursue this in-demand career!
Features Of Our Medical Assistant Certification Program
ACI Medical & Dental School offers added value for our students that sets us apart from other programs. Some of the advanced features of our Medical Assistant Certification Program include:
- NHA Certification. Students who successfully complete the Medical Assistant program will be certified through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and prepared to work in a variety of health care settings including doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities assisting doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Secondary Certification Training. Our Medical Assistant Certification program includes training for EKG, Phlebotomy and Patient Care Technician certifications.
- Career Assistance. Our Career Assistance Program (CAP) is an important component of the Medical Assistant Certification Program. This comprehensive career readiness training program provides students with the strategies to make career planning a success and assist in reaching his or her employment goals after completing our Medical Assistant program.
- Read our blog post on Interview Tips for Medical Assistants
Flexible Class Options and Financial Aid
We offer a comprehensive Medical Assistant program with both day and evening class options. The accelerated daytime program is 14 weeks long, while the evening program offers more flexibility with an extended 29-week timeline. Both programs equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to become Certified Medical Assistants.
For those seeking financial assistance, ACI Medical & Dental School is approved for Federal Direct Loans (FAFSA) and VA benefits, providing financial assistance to qualifying students. Eligible students can apply for and receive federal financial aid to help cover the cost of their education. With these options, students can pursue their dreams of becoming Medical Assistants without worrying about the financial burden of paying for their education upfront.
Our Medical Assistant Internship Program
Completion of an internship is an important part of our Medical Assistant program and certification. For students enrolled in our daytime classes, a 180-hour internship is required, while evening students must complete a 100-hour internship.
These internships offer valuable hands-on training in the daily responsibilities of a Medical Assistant in a live medical office setting. This important part of our certification program equips students with the practical skills and experience necessary to succeed in the medical field.
Upon completion of an internship program, students will be prepared to enter the medical field with real world experience.
What Does a Medical Assistant Do?
An integral member of any healthcare team, a certified Medical Assistant has a wide range of career opportunities and a growing job outlook. The job description of a Medical Assistant varies depending on the healthcare facility and can include both administrative and clinical tasks. Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant include:
- Assisting doctors in physical exams and minor surgeries.
- Taking patients’ vital signs, height and weight measurements.
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR).
- Sterilizing medical instruments and sanitizing examination rooms.
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures.
- Other clinical procedures as required by the medical facility.
- Collecting and preparing lab specimens.
- Understanding anatomy and physiology terminology.
- Comprehension of medical law and ethics as HIPAA. Regulations are utilized throughout the Medical Assistant’s typical day.
- Front office procedures including answering phones, scheduling appointments, and billing and coding.
Technical Standards For a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant students at ACI Medical & Dental School will be expected to:
- Assist patients on and off the examination table
- Move equipment, examination tables, chairs
- Walk and stand for long periods of time
- Possess good hand and eye coordination skills for reading charts and using medical supplies
- Utilize their senses to recognize changes in patient conditions and needs
- Be able to hear and understand to verbal instructions from patients quickly
- Be able to perform CPR
- Be able to check vital signs for all patients
Health and Communication Standards For a Medical Assistant
Our students will have to meet certain health and communication standards as well. They must be able to consistently demonstrate emotional, mental, and physical health in order to do the following:
- Handle stressful situations related to technical and procedural standards and patient care solutions.
- Implement social skills that are necessary to interact with patients and their families, supervisors and coworkers of all different cultures.
- Communicate accurate information from patients, family members, and medical staff
- Use professional medical terms when documenting a patient’s electronic health record.
What is the Job Outlook for Medical Assistants?
Like many careers in the healthcare field, the demand for Medical Assistants is outpacing qualified candidates and there are more jobs than employers can fill! The Bureau of Labor Statistics has stated that between 2021 and 2031 there is an expected 16% increase in job growth for Medical Assistants, which is much higher than the average across all occupations. With our excellent graduation and employment rates, there has never been a better time to pursue this growing career at ACI Medical & Dental School!
Students who complete this program at our Medical Assistant school will be prepared for a wide variety of in demand careers, including:
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Clinical Assistant
- Registered Phlebotomist
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- Chiropractor Assistant
- Doctor Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- OB/GYN Medical Assistant
- Physical Therapy / Rehab Medical Assistant
- Ophthalmic Technician
- Optometric Assistant
- Optometric Technician
- Medical Lab Assistant
- Lab Liaison Technician
- Laboratory Technician
- Mobile Examiner
- Patient Service Technician (PST)
Learn More About Our Medical Assistant Certification Program
ACI Medical & Dental School is the perfect choice for individuals seeking Medical Assistant certification. With more than 18 years of experience in providing career training, we offer high-quality programs designed to prepare students for success in the medical and dental industries.
Our unique training programs deliver exceptional student outcomes and success rates. Our Medical Assistant program offers hands-on training with experienced faculty and staff. Once students have successfully completed our Medical Assistant training program, they will be ready to work with dentists and patients as part of a medical team.
Ready to take the first step toward an in-demand career in the medical industry? Contact us today to learn more!