Medical Assistant Certification Program Overview
The Medical Assistant Certification program at Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School provides students with the skills and knowledge required to become a Certified Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy, EKG, and Patient Care Technician.
- At ACI Medical & Dental School, our students receive hands-on training with state of the art medical equipment in our on-site laboratory.
- Our Medical Assistant Certification program includes training for EKG, phlebotomy and patient care technician certifications.
- Students who successfully complete the Medical Assistant program will be certified through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and prepared to work in a variety of health care settings including doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities assisting doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
ACI students have a higher pass rate on NHA exams than the national average:
|Exam||ACI 2017 Pass Rate||2017 National Average|
|Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)||93%||75%|
|Phlebotomy Certification (CPT)||96%||92%|
|Certified Patient Care Technician (CPCT/A)||92%||77%|
|Certified EKG Technician (CET)||99%||89%|
- Our Career Assistance Program (CAP) is a required component of the Medical Assistant Certification Program. This comprehensive career readiness training program provides students with the strategies to make career planning a success and assist in reaching his or her employment goals.
- Completion of a 100-hour internship at a medical facility is a critical component of our students’ education and career preparation, and will provide the student with the necessary skills and experience required in the medical field while building the students’ resume.
Medical Assistant Certification at ACI Medical & Dental School
An integral member of any healthcare team, a certified Medical Assistant has a wide range of career opportunities and a growing job outlook. The job description of a Medical Assistant varies depending on the healthcare facility and can include both administrative and clinical tasks. Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant include:
- Assisting doctors in physical exams and minor surgeries
- Taking patients’ vital signs, height and weight measurements
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR)
- Sterilizing medical instruments and sanitizing examination rooms
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures.
- Other clinical procedures as required by the medical facility
- A thorough understanding of Medical terminology, Anatomy and physiology, Medical law and ethics, and HIPAA regulations will be utilized throughout the Medical Assistant’s typical day.
- Front office procedures including answering phones and scheduling appointments
At ACI Medical & Dental School, our faculty and administration is committed to your success, and our affiliation agreements with major New Jersey hospitals, doctor offices, and clinics provide students with internship and future employment opportunities. If you are interested in enrolling in ACI Medical & Dental School’s Medical Assistant Certification program, or any of our other primary programs, contact us today and let’s get you on track to start your career!