Our VA Training Programs for Healthcare Careers
We offer three VA-approved primary programs that give veterans the skills required for in-demand careers in the growing medical and dental fields.
- Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program
- with Electronic Health Records, Billing & Coding
- This program provides students with the skills and training needed to become an administrative assistant for either the medical or dental industries. Those who complete this program will learn billing and coding, reimbursement and insurance, managing health records electronically, and more.
- Medical Assistant Certification Program
- with Phlebotomy, EKG, and Patient Care Technician
- Students who complete this program will be certified through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and prepared to work in a variety of healthcare settings. Students will learn how to perform EKGs and phlebotomy procedures, manage patient electronic health records (EHR), and more.
- Dental Assistant Training Program
These programs can be completed in 14 weeks of daytime classes or 29 weeks of night classes. Each of these programs also requires the completion of a 180-hour internship, a critical part of career preparation that allows veterans to apply their new skills in a real job setting and can provide a recommendation for employment.
Support Services for Veterans
We take pride in making our school a military-friendly institution and helping veterans benefit from our medical and dental training programs. We also offer services to help students navigate the complexities of military benefits in relation to educational programs.
- Financial Aid. Our financial aid department is ready to help all veteran and military students learn about how Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits work, who is eligible, and how to apply. We also accept Federal Direct Loans (FAFSA) for eligible students.
- We offer financial support for military spouses through the MyCAA Scholarship.
- We help the dependents of veterans who died or were permanently disabled in the line of duty through the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) program, providing education and training opportunities to eligible dependents.
- Career Assistance Program. Our veteran students are offered a lifetime of career services upon enrollment, including access to our Career Assistance Program (CAP), where we train students in writing resumes and cover letters, starting the job search, and more.
- Fully Accredited Programs. Our school is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools, or MSA-CESS. Students who complete the program will be certified through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
Important Information for Veterans
Who is Eligible For the Post-9/11 GI Bill®?
The Post-9/11 GI Bill® is a federal program that provides educational benefits for people who served in active duty after September 10th, 2001.
You may be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® if you meet the following criteria:
- You served in active duty for at least 90 days after September 10th, 2001.
- You were honorably discharged from active duty due to a service-related disability after having served 30 continuous days after September 10th, 2001.
Contact your VA representative for more details and to find out if you are eligible.
MYCAA Benefits for Military Spouses
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses, including:
- Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2 who have successfully completed high school and have the ability to request tuition assistance while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders.
- Spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserves in these same pay grades are eligible.
Spouses can visit the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship website and provide the required Spouse Profile information to determine eligibility.
Contact ACI Medical & Dental School
If you are a veteran or military service member looking to get started with an ACI Medical & Dental School program, contact us today and we’ll help you on your way towards an in-demand career in the medical or dental field.
GI Bill® is the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) registered trademark. More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.