What are the Benefits of the 100 Hour Internship Program?
At Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School, students are required to complete a 100-hour internship as part of their chosen program. The internship is a critical component of the program, and will help prepare the student for a career in the medical or dental field.
The internship program:
- Provides students with the opportunity to apply his/her newly acquired skills on the job.
- Validates the student’s skills and builds his/her resume with industry experience.
- Can provide the student with a recommendation for employment.
The Internship Program at ACI
Here are some important pieces of information about the student internship program at ACI Medical & Dental School:
- Our student internship program is required for all students with less than 6 months of work experience in the medical or dental field.
- The 100-hour internship will be provided for you by working directly with the ACI Career Services Department. The internship must be completed in full in order to successfully complete the program.
- Internships are an important part of career preparation, and therefore are treated like a job, with professionalism maintained at all times. All internships begin with a formal interview process.
- Internships for all day and evening programs are primarily held during daytime hours and must be completed within a four-week period. The exact hours and responsibilities of the internship will depend upon the needs of the internship site and will be determined during the interview process.
- Students will be placed on internship sites within a 30-minute driving distance from his/her home or from ACI Medical and Dental School. Students are required to provide their own transportation to and from the internship site
Contact ACI today to learn more about how our student internship program can get you started on a new career.