Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School is proud to help the dependents of veterans who died or were permanently disabled in the line of duty. The Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) program provides education and training opportunities to eligible dependents.
These benefits can be used to help pay for career training at ACI as part of our commitment to the Principles of Excellence program administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. This training will help prepare dependents with the skills they will need in order to enter the growing medical and dental fields.
Eligibility Requirements for Dependents Education Assistance
In order to qualify for the benefits of the DEA program, you must be the son, daughter or spouse of:
- A veteran who died or was permanently and totally disabled due to a service connected disability. This disability must have arisen out of active service.
- A veteran that was permanently and totally disabled while in active service and later died from any cause while in this condition.
- A service member who is missing in action or who was captured by a hostile force in the line of duty.
- A service member who was forcibly detained and interned while in the line of duty by foreign government or power.
- A service member that is hospitalized or currently participating in outpatient treatment due to a service related permanent and total disability and is likely to be discharged due to that disability.
If your situation meets any of these criteria, ACI will help you get the training you require so that you can succeed in the program of your choosing.
Let Us Help You Get the Training You Need
In order to receive Dependents Education Assistance benefits, you can apply online or fill out a VA Form 22-5490 and mail it to your regional processing office for your state. ACI Medical & Dental School is ready to assist you in figuring out DEA payments and other VA benefits you may be entitled to. Contact us today to get started on a new and exciting career path.