At ACI Medical & Dental School, we work with a number of trusted scholarship programs to help our students tackle the financial aspect of taking classes and attending our medical and dental programs. We work with several scholarship programs that provide benefits to veterans, but also for military spouses looking to learn important skills so they can enter the workforce in the medical and dental industries. The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA) is one such scholarship devoted to helping military spouses with tuition at schools around the country, including ACI Medical & Dental School.
Learn more about our Veteran Services.
What is the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship (MyCAA)?
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship assists military spouses in pursuing licenses, certifications or associate degrees necessary to gain employment in an occupation or career field.
The MyCAA scholarship provides a maximum tuition benefit of $4,000 with an annual fiscal year cap of $2,000 to assist eligible military spouses who need professional credentials to meet their career goals. Annual cap waivers are available for licensure and certificate programs if there is an upfront tuition cost that exceeds $2,000, up to the maximum education benefit of $4,000.
Who is Eligible For the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship?
Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2 who have successfully completed high school and have the ability to request tuition assistance while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders are eligible. Spouses married
to members of the National Guard and reserves in these same pay grades are eligible.
Those who are not eligible include:
- Spouses who are married but legally separated, or under court order or statute of any state or U.S. territory, from a member of the armed forces on Title 10 orders
- Spouses whose National Guard or reserves military sponsor is in a warning orders or alert, post-deployment, demobilization or transition status
How Can I Apply for the MyCAA Scholarship Program?
Spouses can visit the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship website and provide the required Spouse Profile information. All scholarship participants are required to use DS Logon to access their accounts. Military spouses enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System, or DEERS, are eligible for a DS Logon account. For information about creating a DS Logon premium account, access the ‘How do I use DS Logon to create and access My Career Advancement Account?’ guide on the ‘Resources’ page.You can also call 800-342-9647 to speak with a career coach who can answer any questions you may have about the program.
Which Programs Can a MyCAA Scholarship be Used For?
Assuming you qualify and are eligible to receive tuition assistance through the MyCAA scholarship, the financial aid can be used towards any of the programs offered at ACI Medical & Dental School. These programs include:
- Medical Assistant Program – This program includes Phlebotomy, EKG, and Patient Care Technician certifications and provides students with the skills and knowledge required to become a Certified Medical Assistant in just four or five months.
- Dental Assistant Program – This program includes a radiology license and gives students the knowledge and skills necessary to become a Dental Assistant with Radiology in just four or five months.
- Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program – This program teaches skills necessary for a job in a medical or dental facility, including electronic health records, billing and coding, reimbursement and insurance, business communications and more.
If you are interested in any of the ACI Medical & Dental School programs and have questions about financial assistance or the MyCAA scholarship, reach out to us via our contact form, or call us at 732-440-4110.