EKG Technician Program
ACI Medical & Dental School is one of the premier vocational training schools in NJ for those who wish to obtain their EKG technician certification.
Our EKG Technician program is a great option for those who are currently working in the medical industry as a Certified Medical Assistant and looking to further their education and skill set. While we do not recommend EKG training as a standalone course, we do offer it as such if all qualifications are met. The EKG Technician Program is a subsection of our Medical Assistant Certification Program, which may be a better option for students with less experience in the medical field.
EKG Technician Training at ACI Medical & Dental School
The EKG Technician Program combines theory and practice, giving each student an understanding of:
- the anatomy and physiology of the heart and chest
- heart disease and disease processes
- flow of blood through systemic and pulmonary circulation
- the conduction system
- pertinent medical terminology, and
- the legal and ethical aspects of patient contact and safety
There is also practical, hands-on experience that participants receive through:
- use and placement of the 12 Lead EKG machine
- reading and analyzing EKG printouts to determine ‘cardiac intervals and complexes,’ and
- normal vs. abnormal readings
EKG Technician Program Course Objective and Requirements
The objective of the EKG Technician Program is for students to obtain their EKG Technician certification through the National Healthcareer Association.
ACI students have a higher pass rate on NHA exams than the national average:
|Exam||ACI 2017 Pass Rate||2017 National Average|
|Certified EKG Technician (CET)||99%||89%|
Students in the EKG Technician Program are expected to:
- complete ten EKG tests
- identify four sets of waves
- determine heart rate using a 6 second strip as well as the 1500 box method, and
- determine what type of EKG is shown on the strip–both abnormal and normal
EKG Technician Program Prerequisites
Our EKG Technician Program is recommended for students who have experience working in the medical field, and who may already have their Medical Assistant Certificate. Students who do not have any experience in the medical field may want to enroll in our Medical Assistant Certification Program.
Students at ACI Medical & Dental School appreciate the personal attention they receive in our classes as well as our unique and highly successful approach to job placement.
If you are interested in our EKG Technician Program, or any of our other programs, call us at 732-440-4110 or contact us today to learn more.