Dental Assistant Training Program Overview
The Dental Assistant Training program at Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School gives students the knowledge and skills necessary to become a Dental Assistant with Radiology.
- Students who successfully complete our Dental Assistant Training program will receive certification in radiation health and safety through the Dental Assistant National Board Examination.
- Our program also includes a license in Radiology through the New Jersey Environmental Protection Agency, necessary for administering and developing x-rays, a key responsibility of dental assistants.
- We also offer Dental Radiology as a standalone secondary program if all qualifications are met.
- Once a student has successfully completed this program, they will be ready to work with dentists and patients as part of a dental team.
- Our Career Assistance Program (CAP) is a required component of the Dental Assistant with Radiology program. This comprehensive career readiness training program provides students with the strategies to make career planning a success and assist in reaching her or her employment goals.
- Completion of a 100-hour internship at a dental facility is a critical component of our students’ education and career preparation, and will provide students with the necessary skills and experience required in the dental field while building the students’ resume.
Dental Assistant Training at ACI Medical & Dental School
At ACI Medical & Dental School, students will learn the skills necessary to become a Dental Assistant with Radiology through hands on training with our experienced faculty and state of the art equipment. Dental assistants enhance the efficiency of any dental care team. Using their strong communication and interpersonal skills, dental assistants ensure that patients feel comfortable while office operations run smoothly. Dental assistants have a range of important daily responsibilities including:
- Assisting the dentist with intra-oral dental procedures
- Communicating with patients
- Processing and sterilizing dental instruments and equipment, tray set-ups
- Radiological tasks such as exposing and processing x-rays
- Helping to manage the front office of the dental practice
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR)
- A thorough understanding of Dental terminology and anatomy, Emergency Procedures, and clinical procedures will be utilized throughout the Dental Assistant’s typical day.
At ACI Medical & Dental School, we are committed to your success. If you are ready to take the first step on a promising new career, contact us today to learn more about our Dental Assistant Training program or other primary programs.