NJ Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Training
The Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program provides students with the training and skills necessary to work in a variety of medical and dental settings in as little as four months. Students who participate in this program will learn billing and coding, reimbursement and insurance, business communications, medical and dental computer software products, and managing health records electronically.
Features of Our Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program
ACI Medical & Dental School offers added value for our students that sets us apart from other programs. Some of the advanced features of our Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program include:
- NHA Certification. Once this program has been successfully completed, students will be Certified Billing and Coding Specialists, Certified Medical Administrative Assistants, and Certified Electronic Health Record Specialists through the National Healthcareer Association. We are proud of our students’ pass rates on NHA exams:
- One Program, Two Industries. Rather than focusing on either the medical or dental field, this program will prepare you for a job in either, doubling your potential job opportunities.
- Career Assistance. Our Career Assistance Program (CAP) is an important component of the Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program. This comprehensive career readiness training program provides students with the strategies to make career planning a success and assist in reaching his or her employment goals.
Our 180-Hour Medical Assistant Internship
Completion of a 180-hour internship at a medical facility is a critical component of our students’ education and career preparation. This important opportunity provides our students with the necessary skills and experience required in the medical field while building the students’ resume. With our internship, students will get hands-on experience in the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant in real healthcare settings including doctors offices, clinics, and hospitals.
What Does a Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Do?
A Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records and Billing & Coding is a key member of the administrative team in healthcare offices at hospitals, clinics, and doctors offices and dental offices; they help to keep the office and doctor/patient interactions running smoothly including:
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR)
- Manage front office operations of a medical or dental office including answering phones and scheduling appointments.
- Verifying patient insurance and taking co-pays.
- Providing medical and/or dental billing and coding support at the entry level.
What is the Job Outlook for Medical & Dental Administrative Assistants?
According to the NHA, Medical Administrative Assistants are experiencing a job growth rate of 22.5%, which is much faster than the national average of 7.4% across all industries. There has never been a better time to pursue this career!
Students who complete this course will be prepared for any of the following in-demand healthcare administration careers:
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Dental Administrative Assistant
- Medical Scribe
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Dental Billing Specialist
- Patient Access Representative
- Health Information Technician
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Office Specialist
- Dental Receptionist
- EHR Specialist
- Unit Secretary
Learn More About Our Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program
At ACI Medical & Dental School, conveniently located in Eatontown, NJ, our faculty and administration is committed to your success, and our affiliation agreements with major New Jersey hospitals, doctor offices, and clinics provide students with internship and future employment opportunities. If you are interested in enrolling in ACI Medical & Dental School’s Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant, Electronic Health Records, and Billing and Coding Certification program, or any of our other primary programs, contact us today and let’s get you on track to start your career!