Our secondary programs are not designed as standalone programs for new students. If you do not have experience working in the medical or dental industry, please see our Medical Assistant Certification Program, Dental Assistant Training Program, or Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program. If you are currently working in the Medical or Dental industries and are looking to earn a specific certification, please contact us as secondary programs may be a standalone option for you.
Phlebotomy & EKG Technician Program at ACI Medical & Dental School
ACI Medical & Dental School offers a dual certification program that combines training for EKG Technician and Phlebotomy Technician roles. This curriculum empowers students to develop a comprehensive skill set that meets the demands of these two vital healthcare fields. Benefiting from hands-on training in our state-of-the-art laboratories, students are ready to become certified EKG Technicians and Phlebotomy Technicians.
- Get certified in just a few months
- Accredited clinical and academic program
- Flexible day or evening class options
- Small class sizes with hands-on training
- Financial aid available for eligible programs
- Classes starting soon
This program is offered as part of our Medical Assistant Certification program, and can be taken as a standalone course for current Medical Assistants if all qualifications are met.
Program Highlights: EKG Technician & Phlebotomy Technician Dual Certification
This dual certification program provides students with essential skills and knowledge in both electrocardiography and phlebotomy. As part of the program, students will get certified in two separate disciplines, each with their own specific components:
EKG Technician Component
- Anatomy and physiology of the heart
- Cardiovascular diseases and their progression
- The heart’s conduction system
- Operation of EKG machines and electrode placement on patients
- Reading and analyzing EKG printouts
- Understanding the legal and ethical aspects of patient contact and safety
Phlebotomy Technician Component
- Anatomy and physiology of the circulatory system
- Blood collection techniques and safety protocols
- Patient identification and communication
- Handling, labeling, and storing blood samples
- Infection control procedures
- Understanding relevant laws, such as HIPAA
- NHA Certification: Upon completing this program, graduates earn certification through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and become qualified to work in various healthcare settings, supporting doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
- Career Assistance: The Career Assistance Program (CAP) is a vital part of our programs. It guides students in planning their careers and achieving their employment goals.
- Financial Aid: Eligible students can access financial assistance through Federal Direct Loans (FAFSA) and VA benefits for our day programs. ACI Medical & Dental School is committed to supporting students in achieving their goals no matter what their financial situation is.
- Day & Evening Classes: We offer convenient day and evening classes. The daytime program lasts 14 weeks, while the evening program takes 29 weeks.
What Do Phlebotomy & EKG Technicians Do?
A Phlebotomy & EKG Technician is a vital and multi-talented member of any healthcare team, able to assist with a variety of tasks including:
- Collecting blood samples from patients.
- Ensuring proper labeling of vials for processing.
- Adhering to infection control and safety protocols.
- Comforting patients and explaining blood-drawing procedures.
- Processing specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Maintaining patient records and equipment.
- Demonstrating knowledge of basic anatomy relevant to blood drawing.
- Understanding legal and ethical standards in phlebotomy.
- Conducting tests using EKG machines.
- Placing electrodes accurately on patients.
- Monitoring and interpreting EKG readouts.
- Recognizing normal and abnormal EKG patterns.
- Keeping patient records.
- Maintaining and ensuring equipment is functioning correctly.
- Sharing findings with the healthcare team.
Career Opportunities for EKG & Phlebotomy
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be prepared to obtain certification through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) as an EKG Technician and Phlebotomy Technician. Graduates can then explore diverse career opportunities in hospitals, clinics, diagnostic laboratories, and other healthcare facilities, including roles as:
- Certified EKG Technicians
- Certified Phlebotomy Technicians
- Patient Care Technicians
- Laboratory Assistants
- Cardiac Monitor Technicians
- Blood Bank Technicians
- Medical Laboratory Technicians
- IV Technicians
What is the Job Outlook for Phlebotomy & EKG Technicians?
The healthcare field is witnessing a rising demand for skilled professionals. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, phlebotomists are projected to experience a 10% growth rate by 2031. The future for EKG Technicians also looks very promising, as the NHA predicts a 22% increase in job opportunities in the coming years. With ACI Medical & Dental School boasting outstanding program completion and employment rates, there’s no better time to embark on this promising career path!
Why Choose ACI Medical & Dental School?
At ACI Medical & Dental School, we pride ourselves on personalized attention, highly successful job placement strategies, and hands-on training. Our dual Phlebotomy & EKG Technician program is taught by experienced professionals, ensuring students gain the necessary knowledge to succeed in the healthcare industry.
If you’re seeking to broaden your expertise in the healthcare field, contact us today to learn more about our Phlebotomy & EKG Technician Program. Take the next step toward a rewarding career in healthcare with ACI Medical & Dental School.