If you are interested in enrolling in the Dental Assistant with Radiology Program at Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School, the first step is making sure you understand the skills and responsibilities included in the dental assistant job description.
What Skills Does a Dental Assistant Need?
At ACI Medical & Dental School, students will learn the skills necessary to become a dental assistant with radiology through hands on training with our experienced faculty and state of the art equipment, these skills include:
- Dental Anatomy and Terminology
- Dental Instruments, Equipment and Materials
- Exposing and Processing Radiographic Films
- Sterilization, Infection Control, and Disinfection
- Clinical Preparation, Procedures, and Tray Set-Ups
- Dental Emergency Procedures
- Treatment Planning & Dental Software Products
What are the Job Requirements of a Dental Assistant?
A dental assistant is a critical member of a dental team, and has a range of important daily tasks including:
- Communicating with patients
- Sterilizing and processing dental equipment and instruments
- Helping the dentist with intra-oral dental procedures
- X-ray exposing and processing
- Treatment Planning & Front Desk Procedures including Dental Software Products
We also offer Dental Radiology as a standalone program for experienced dental assistants who can pass an ACI Medical & Dental School Entrance Exam.
What is the Current Job Outlook for Dental Assistants?
Now is an excellent time to pursue a career as a dental assistant. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that “Employment of dental assistants is projected to grow 18 percent by 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.”
The Dental Assistant with Radiology Program at ACI Medical & Dental School
Students who complete ACI’s Medical & Dental School’s Dental Assistant with Radiology Program will receive radiation health and safety certification through the Dental Assistant National Board Examination and become licensed in dental radiologic technology through the New Jersey Environmental Protection Agency. Our Career Assistance Program is also available to prepare you for an entry-level position in the medical field.
Contact us today to learn more about the dental assistant job description and get started on your new career.