Is Going Back To School Right for Me?
Going back to school can seem like a big step to most people, and it might even scare them a little. Adults are more likely to have a day job and a family, which makes it seem like going back to school is out of the picture. But is it really impossible? Not at all. According to the National Center for Educational Statistics, the number of people over 25 that go back to school will continue to increase significantly.
At ACI Medical & Dental School, we make it easy to go back to school with flexible day and evening programs where students can prepare for an exciting new career in the healthcare field in just a few months, while still handling all their other responsibilities. Here are a few reasons going back to school can be a great decision for you.
5 Benefits of Going Back To School
There are many awesome advantages to going back to school, no matter what age you are. Are you on the fence about going back to school? Here are a bunch of reasons why you should consider it.
1. You have a clearer picture of what you want now.
You’ve experienced life outside of school for a while now, which means you have a much greater sense of direction. You know what you want, and you have a clear picture of that. Going back to school can help you finalize your goals and give you the career that you have always wanted.
Many times, students in their early 20’s who graduated from a university and are now in the workforce are not entirely enjoying their job because it is not what they thought it would be. But you have the advantage of knowing what you want and you have the ability to go get it.
2. There are far more programs available now then there was before.
The good thing about going back to school now is that there is much more opportunity than there once was. Professors are better, schools have more to offer, and there is more flexibility in scheduling class times. Overall, you can gain a lot more going back to school today.
3. Hybrid classes are helpful for those balancing a busy schedule.
Many schools are really great at providing schedules that can work around most student’s busy lives. Due to COVID-19, more schools than ever are offering online and hybrid online/in-person classes. Hybrid classes are super convenient for those who have families at home. It gives you the flexibility to participate in class from home and not have to commute after a long day of work, which is helpful to a lot of older students.
4. You’ll use your time wisely the second time around
As an adult, you most likely won’t have as much time as you did the first time you were a student. Because of this, you won’t want to waste your time by procrastinating assignments, something many young students do often. Being a more mature adult with a better sense of responsibility and time management, you’ll be able to use your time more efficiently and manage it accordingly.
5. You’ll have the ability to start a brand new career.
If the job you’re at right now is causing you a lot of stress and you’re looking to dive into a brand new career, going back to school is the perfect opportunity for you. You’re able to have a fresh start and work on the career goals you’ve always dreamed of. You can join a higher paying, in-demand field in an exciting new job with room to grow.
Take the Next Step at ACI Medical & Dental School!
Now that we’ve talked about the benefits of going back to school, it’s time to start taking the first step! Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of motivation or inspiration to get your feet off the ground. Going back to school doesn’t have to be scary, and your future could benefit greatly from making that decision. Do your research and planning, find the school that best fits your needs, and take the first step! It can definitely be hard to take that final leap, but once you have a plan, you’ll feel confident taking that first step. Going back to school could be the best decision you ever made!
ACI Medical & Dental School is the perfect place for you if you are considering going back to school:
- We offer three exciting medical and dental programs, with both day and evening classes available to accommodate your busy schedule:
- Certified Medical Assistant Program with EKG, Phlebotomy, and Patient Care Technician
- Dental Assistant Program with Radiology
- Medical and Dental Administrative Assistant Program with Electronic Health Records, Billing & Coding
- With jobs in healthcare continuing to grow, there has never been a better time to start your new career. You can be qualified for a new job in the medical or dental fields in just a few months!
- We are following strict COVID-19 safety protocols and offer hybrid online / in person classes for your convenience.
- We have several financial aid options available.
If you are interested in going back to school and getting started on an exciting new career, contact ACI Medical & Dental School today to learn more!