The Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program Overview
The Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program provides students with the training and skills necessary to work in a variety of medical and dental settings.
- One program, two industries: Rather than focusing on either the medical or dental field, this program will prepare you for a job in either, doubling your potential job opportunities.
- Students who participate in this program will learn billing and coding, reimbursement and insurance, business communications, medical and dental computer software products, and managing health records electronically.
- Once this program has been successfully completed, students will be Certified Billing and Coding Specialists, Certified Medical Administrative Assistants, and Certified Electronic Health Record Specialists through the National Healthcareer Association.
ACI students have a higher pass rate on NHA exams than the national average:
|Exam||ACI 2017 Pass Rate||2017 National Average|
|Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)||100%||77%|
|Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS)||100%||66%|
|Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)||93%||73%|
- Our Career Assistance Program (CAP) is a required component of the Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program. This comprehensive career readiness training program provides students with the strategies to make career planning a success and assist in reaching his or her employment goals.
- Completion of a 100-hour internship at a medical or dental facility is a critical component of our students’ education and career preparation, and will provide the student with the necessary skills and experience required in the medical field while building the students’ resume.
What Does a Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Do?
A Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant with Electronic Health Records, and Billing & Coding is a key member of the administrative team in healthcare offices at hospitals, clinics, and doctors offices and dental offices; they help to keep the office and doctor/patient interactions running smoothly including:
- Manage front office operations of a medical or dental office including answering phones and scheduling appointments.
- Verifying patient insurance and taking co-pays.
- Providing medical and/or dental billing and coding support at the entry level.
- Hospital administration including Patient Access Representatives, Unit Secretaries, billing and coding support, and more.
At ACI Medical & Dental School, our faculty and administration is committed to your success, and our affiliation agreements with major New Jersey hospitals, doctor offices, and clinics provide students with internship and future employment opportunities. If you are interested in enrolling in ACI Medical & Dental School’s Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant, Electronic Health Records, and Billing and Coding Certification program, or any of our other primary programs, contact us today and let’s get you on track to start your career!