The medical field is growing quickly, and with that comes an increasing need for professionals with extensive training from medical billing and coding classes in NJ. The skills of people who have successfully completed a billing and coding program will prove invaluable to the facilities who employ them, which makes this career choice a very promising one for those who enjoy working in an administrative setting as an important part of a healthcare team.
What Will I Learn with NJ Medical Billing and Coding Training?
So what will you learn at a New Jersey medical billing and coding school? When a student successfully completes a program, he or she will be able to understand medical practice settings and various types of managed care plans and insurance. Medical Billing and Coding Specialists review patient and hospital records, submit claims and answer questions regarding those claims. Their responsibilities include:
- Collecting, posting and managing account payments
- Preparing and submitting claims
- Preparing and sending patient statements
- Following up with insurance companies
- Monitoring any delinquent accounts
- Identifying and resolving any billing complaints or issues
- Communicating with patients, insurance companies, and fellow healthcare professionals, answering questions and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Understanding patient privacy requirements, basic computer skills, and Medicare, Medicaid, & HIPAA guidelines and regulations regarding insurance.
The Benefits of Medical Billing & Coding Certification
There are many good reasons to become a Certified Billing and Coding Specialist in New Jersey, including:
- A great job outlook. According to the US Department of Labor, the job outlook for Medical Billing and Coding Specialists is expected to grow 13% between 2016 – 2026, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Fast training. At ACI Medical & Dental School, you can become a Certified Billing and Coding Specialist in just four months.
- Flexibility. This certification will give you a wide range of job opportunities in the healthcare field.
- Rewarding work. As a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist, you will play an integral role in the day-to-day functioning of your workplace, ensuring accurate billing and insurance information.
What Kinds of Work Environments can Medical Billing & Coding Specialists Contribute to?
After successfully completing our program, students will be qualified to work in any number of different environments including nursing homes and long-term care facilities, hospitals and treatment centers, physician offices and even as third party billing services for companies. In addition, state and federal government bodies and organizations also employ Medical Billing and Coding Specialists. You can also develop your own business as well. Some of the careers Medical Billing and Coding Specialists can pursue include:
- Medical Records Technician
- Health Information Technician
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Information Clerk
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Certified Professional Compliance Officer
What Type of Training Will I Need?
For those who are looking for a fulfilling career in the healthcare industry without taking the long years of schooling required for other medical professions, NJ medical billing & coding classes may be just what you’ve been looking for.
By completing our Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program, students will be Certified Billing and Coding Specialists within four months, ready to become an important part of a healthcare administrative team.
Interested in learning more about medical billing & coding? Contact ACI Medical & Dental School today and start your journey to a new career!