ACI Medical & Dental School offers a Medical Assistant Certification program designed to equip students with essential skills and knowledge to become Certified Medical Assistants in just five months. Our students receive practical training with the latest medical equipment in our well-equipped on-site laboratory. With a projected 18% job growth for Medical Assistants by 2030, now is an ideal time to enter this high-demand profession!
Located in Eatontown, NJ, we are just a one-hour drive from Mercer County, NJ. Our beautiful campus, state-of-the-art lab equipment, and impressive student success rates offer exceptional value that makes the short drive worthwhile.
Features of Our Medical Assistant Certification Program
At ACI Medical & Dental School, our Medical Assistant Certification Program stands out for several advanced features:
- NHA Certification: Upon program completion, students achieve certification through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), preparing them to work in various healthcare settings, including clinics, hospitals, and more, where they support healthcare professionals.
- Flexible Scheduling: We offer flexible scheduling options, including evening and weekend classes, to accommodate working students and those with other commitments.
- Career Services: Our students have access to career services that assist with resume building, interview preparation, and job placement, ensuring a smooth transition into the workforce.
- Financial Aid: We provide financial aid options, including Federal Direct Loans (FAFSA) and VA benefits, to make the program accessible to a wider range of students.
- Accreditation: Our program is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS). Accreditation ensures that our education meets rigorous quality standards, ensuring a high-quality education.
Our 180-Hour Medical Assistant Internship
At our school, we strongly believe in the pivotal role of internships in a Medical Assistant student’s education and career readiness. The internship allows students to apply their theoretical knowledge in practical settings, learn from experienced professionals, and gain hands-on experience in the field.
During the internship, students are placed at a clinical site, collaborating with healthcare professionals and performing typical daily duties of Medical Assistants. This internship period includes mentorship, where experienced individuals guide students in honing their skills and building confidence in the field. This enriching opportunity prepares students for a rewarding healthcare career.
Roles of a Medical Assistant in Union County, NJ
Medical Assistants play invaluable roles in healthcare settings, offering a wide range of career opportunities backed by a robust job outlook. Their responsibilities may vary based on the healthcare facility and can encompass both administrative and clinical tasks, including:
- Assisting in physical examinations and minor surgeries.
- Recording patients’ vital signs, height, and weight.
- Managing electronic health records (EHR).
- Ensuring the cleanliness and sterilization of medical instruments and rooms.
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures.
- Handling other clinical tasks as mandated by the facility.
- Familiarity with medical law, ethics, and HIPAA regulations.
- Front office duties such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, and understanding billing and coding processes.
Technical Standards for a Medical Assistant
Students in the Medical Assistant program at ACI Medical & Dental School will need to meet certain technical standards, including the ability to:
- Assist patients in moving on and off the examination table.
- Move equipment and furniture, such as examination tables and chairs.
- Stand and walk for extended periods.
- Have good hand-eye coordination for reading charts and managing medical supplies.
- Utilize their senses to detect changes in patient conditions and needs.
- Respond to verbal instructions from patients.
- Perform CPR and check vital signs for all patients proficiently.
Choosing a Medical Assistant Program Near Mercer County, NJ
In Mercer County, NJ, attending a Medical Assistant training program offers students numerous features and benefits that can facilitate a rewarding career in healthcare. Consider the following factors when selecting a Medical Assistant training program in Mercer County:
- Proximity to Premier Healthcare Facilities: Mercer County hosts several well-established healthcare facilities and hospitals, providing students with opportunities to learn and work in top-tier medical environments.
- Networking Opportunities: Located near major cities like New York City, students can leverage networking opportunities with professionals from prestigious healthcare institutions, enhancing their career prospects.
- Community Outreach Programs: Schools often collaborate with local communities for outreach programs, offering students hands-on experience and a chance to serve the community.
- Collaboration with Local Healthcare Providers: Collaboration with local healthcare providers for internships helps students gain practical experience in real-world settings, highly valued by employers.
- Experienced Faculty: Schools with experienced faculty members provide students with insights into the daily workings of a Medical Assistant.
- Preparation for Certifications: Institutions that prepare students for necessary certifications enhance job prospects.
- Collaborative Learning Environment: Fostering a collaborative learning environment encourages peer interaction and learning, enhancing the educational experience.
- Diverse Learning Opportunities: Mercer County, with its diverse population, offers students a chance to experience and learn in a multicultural environment, a valuable asset in the healthcare industry.
- Learning Modules on Emerging Healthcare Trends: Given the evolving nature of the healthcare industry, schools incorporating learning modules on emerging healthcare trends provide students with up-to-date knowledge.
By choosing a Medical Assistant training program in Mercer County, NJ, students can take advantage of these features and pave the way for a successful career in the medical field. It’s advisable to research specific institutions to confirm the availability of these features.
Contact ACI Medical & Dental School today to begin your journey towards becoming a Mercer County Medical Assistant.