Exciting Opportunities for Medical Scribes in NJ
If you are currently employed as a medical scribe in NJ for a company such as ScribeAmerica, ACI Medical & Dental School can help you take the next step in your career in the medical field. As an entry level member of a medical team, medical scribes gain valuable first-hand experience working along physicians in hospitals, doctors’ offices, and other professional settings. At ACI, you can use that experience as you become a certified Medical Assistant, or take the next step towards becoming a Physician’s Assistant.
The Role of a Certified Medical Assistant
By completing our Medical Assistant Certification Program, ACI students will be certified through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and prepared to work as Medical Assistants, an in-demand role on a medical team with a growing job outlook (a 29% increase over the next 8 years according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics).
The responsibilities of a Medical Assistant include:
- Assisting doctors in physical exams and minor surgeries
- Taking patients’ vital signs, height and weight measurements
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR)
- Sterilizing medical instruments and sanitizing examination rooms
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures.
- Other clinical procedures as required by the medical facility
- A thorough understanding of Medical terminology, Anatomy and physiology, Medical law and ethics, and HIPAA regulations will be utilized throughout the Medical Assistant’s typical day.
- Front office procedures including answering phones and scheduling appointments
Becoming a certified Medical Assistant is a great next step into a career in the medical field for current Medical Scribes.
ACI Can Help NJ Medical Scribes on the Path To Becoming a Physician’s Assistant!
To become a Physician’s Assistant, NJ students must obtain a master’s degree from an accredited institution. This typically requires two years of full-time postgraduate education. They must also pass the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE).
Additionally, Physician’s Assistant program applicants are required to have a minimum of 200 hours of volunteer / patient contact hours.
If you are a Medical Scribe working towards becoming a licensed Physician’s Assistant, Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School can help you.
By completing our Medical Assistant Certification Program, you will fulfill at least 100 of your required volunteer / patient contact hours by completing the on-site internship included with the program.
Contact Us Today
In as little as 16 weeks, our program will fulfill at least 180 required training hours and qualify you for gainful employment in the medical field while you continue working towards becoming a Physician’s Assistant. If you are a Medical Scribe interested in taking the next step in your career, contact ACI Medical & Dental School today to learn more about our program!