If you’re interested in assisting fellow professionals in the field of dentistry, obtaining your dental x ray license in NJ might be ideal for you. You’ll work under the direction of licensed dentists and will closely work with patients to improve and maintain their oral health. It’s a very rewarding career and is one that may be just what you’ve been looking for in a long-term happy, successful job path. If you’re interested in starting on your journey to becoming licensed, there is some crucial information you’ll need to know.
The Job of a Licensed X-Ray Technician
Once you earn your dental x-ray license in NJ, the following tasks will be associated with your scope of practice: positioning patients for dental radiographs for diagnostic purposes, aligning x-ray tubes to image receptors, setting tube distance and exposure factors, always maintaining proper radiation protection protocol, and making exposures. All include conventional radiography, digital imaging, and much more.
In order to be licensed and work as a dental radiologic technologist, or x-ray technician, you’ll need to successfully complete a dental radiography program that is approved by the Radiologic Technology Board of Examiners or its equivalent, as determined by the Board.
In addition to the education requirements, you’ll need to also meet the following requirements:
- Complete at least a high school-level education
- Be at least 18 years old at the time you apply
- Be of good moral character as determined by the Board
- Pass either the Dental Assisting National Board’s RHS examination within 5 years of your application or hold a current dental assisting certification, or pass an equivalent exam as determined by the Board
- Submit a complete application to the Board
- If you graduated from a Board-approved program, you’ll need to submit the appropriate program completion form signed by a program official. If you did not complete a Board-approved program, you’ll need to submit information and a form to verify any work experience.
With all the options available to you today for on-site and online education courses, receiving your dental x ray license in NJ is a rewarding and well-earned achievement that you’ll be proud of. For more information, contact ACI today.