As of May 1, 2018, Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School and Brookdale Community College have entered into an articulation agreement that will allow students who complete select ACI programs to earn college credits towards Brookdale’s Medical Terminology course. This agreement is designed to benefit students of both schools who want to broaden their education.
Brookdale Credit Agreement Description
Students who complete either the Medical Assistant Certification Program or Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program at ACI and fulfill all necessary criteria will earn 3 college credits that fulfill Brookdale’s online Medical Terminology Course (HESC 105).
Criteria For Earning Brookdale Medical Terminology Credits
To earn these college credits for Brookdale, students must complete the following steps.
- Complete the above mentioned ACI program of your choice. You will need to provide evidence of completion to Brookdale in the form of an Official Transcript from ACI Medical & Dental School and Certificates from the National Healthcareer Association.
- Complete the Medical Terminology Module with a grade of C or higher as evidenced by the official transcript.
- Apply for admission to Brookdale Community College and matriculate within 36 months from completion of the ACI program.
- This agreement applies to former ACI graduates of the selected programs from April 2016 onwards.
- Time frame may be adjusted for those currently serving in the National Guard or Active Military.
- Take the Accuplacer/Foundational Skills test or present evidence which would permit exemption as designated by college officials.
- Enroll at Brookdale and successfully complete 12 credits of college level courses with a grade of C or higher.
Once these criteria have been met, students will be awarded the college credits.
Contact ACI Medical & Dental School today to learn more about our programs and our credit agreement with Brookdale Community College.