Monmouth County Medical Assistant Program
At ACI Medical & Dental School, conveniently located in Eatontown, NJ, our Medical Assistant Certification program provides students with the skills and knowledge required to become a Certified Medical Assistant in just five months. Our students receive hands-on training with state of the art medical equipment in our on-site laboratory. With jobs for Medical Assistants expected to increase 18% by 2030, there has never been a better time to pursue this in-demand career!
Features Of Our Medical Assistant Certification Program
ACI Medical & Dental School offers added value for our students that sets us apart from other programs. Some of the advanced features of our Medical Assistant Certification Program include:
- NHA Certification. Students who successfully complete the Medical Assistant program will be certified through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and prepared to work in a variety of health care settings including doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities assisting doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Our 180-Hour Medical Assistant Internship
Completion of an internship at a healthcare facility is a critical component of our students’ education and career preparation. Students will be placed at a clinical site where they will receive practical training in a real work environment. Students will have a mentor that will train and guide them. This important opportunity provides our students with the necessary skills and experience required in the medical field while building the students’ resume. With our internship, students will get hands-on experience in the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant in real healthcare settings including doctors offices, clinics, and hospitals.
Internship schedules are typically based on the availability of clinical sites. Students should be prepared to complete their internship during the week (Monday through Friday).
What Does a Monmouth County Medical Assistant Do?
An integral member of any healthcare team, a certified Medical Assistant has a wide range of career opportunities and a growing job outlook. The job description of a Medical Assistant varies depending on the healthcare facility and can include both administrative and clinical tasks. Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant include:
- Assisting doctors in physical exams and minor surgeries.
- Taking patients’ vital signs, height and weight measurements.
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR).
- Sterilizing medical instruments and sanitizing examination rooms.
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures.
- Other clinical procedures as required by the medical facility.
- Collecting and preparing lab specimens.
- Understanding Anatomy and Physiology terminology.
- Comprehension of medical law and ethics as HIPAA. Regulations are utilized throughout the Medical Assistant’s typical day.
- Front office procedures including answering phones, scheduling appointments, and billing and coding.
Technical Standards For a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant students at ACI Medical & Dental School will be expected to:
- Assist patients on and off the examination table
- Move equipment, examination tables, chairs
- Walk and stand for long periods of time
- Possess good hand and eye coordination skills for reading charts and using medical supplies
- Utilize their senses to recognize changes in patient conditions and needs
- Be able to hear and understand to verbal instructions from patients quickly
- Be able to perform CPR
- Be able to check vital signs for all patients
About Monmouth County
Monmouth County, NJ, is located in the central part of the state, along the Atlantic coast. It is known for its beaches, historical sites, and recreational opportunities. The county has a diverse economy, a mix of manufacturing, healthcare, and service-based industries, and a high standard of living. Monmouth County, NJ, is a great place to be a medical assistant due to its proximity to primary healthcare facilities, such as Monmouth Medical Center and Jersey Shore University Medical Center. The county maintains a large population that requires medical services. Additionally, Monmouth County has a strong economy and job market for healthcare professionals, making it an attractive location for medical assistants to pursue their careers. Contact ACI Medical & Dental School today to start your Monmouth County Medical Assistant journey.