At ACI Medical & Dental School, we offer a Medical Assistant Certification program designed to equip students with the essential skills and knowledge to become a Certified Medical Assistant in a span of just four months. We ensure that our students get practical training with the latest medical equipment in our well-equipped on-site laboratory. Considering the projected 18% job growth for Medical Assistants by 2030, now is the perfect time to step into this high-demand profession!
Conveniently located in Eatontown, NJ, we are just a one-hour drive from Union County, NJ. From our beautiful campus and state-of-the-art lab equipment to our amazing student success rates, we offer exceptional value that makes it well worth the short drive.
Features of Our Medical Assistant Certification Program
At ACI Medical & Dental School, we provide our students with a comprehensive education that stands out from other programs. Here are the advanced features that define our Medical Assistant Certification Program:
- NHA Certification: Upon successful completion of the Medical Assistant program, students attain certification through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), becoming equipped to work in a wide array of healthcare settings including clinics, hospitals, and other facilities, supporting doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
- Flexible Scheduling: Our program offers flexible scheduling options, including evening and weekend classes, to accommodate students who are working or have other commitments.
- Career Services: Our students have access to career services that assist in resume building, interview preparation, and job placement, aiding in a smoother transition to the workforce.
- Financial Aid: We offer financial aid options, including Federal Direct Loans (FAFSA) and VA benefits, making the program accessible to a wider range of students.
- Accreditation: Our program is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS). Accredited programs ensure that the education provided meets the set quality standards, promising a high standard of education.
Our 180-Hour Medical Assistant Internship
At our school, we are firm believers in the pivotal role of internships in a Medical Assistant student’s education and career readiness. The internship allows students to transfer their theoretical knowledge to practical settings, learning from seasoned professionals and acquiring hands-on experience in the field.
During the internship, students are positioned at a clinical site where they collaborate with healthcare professionals in performing the daily duties typical for Medical Assistants. This internship period is supported by a mentorship system where experienced individuals guide students in honing their skills and building confidence in the field. This enriching opportunity prepares students for a rewarding career in healthcare.
What Does a Union County Medical Assistant Do?
Medical Assistants are invaluable team members in healthcare settings, opening doors to a plethora of career opportunities backed by a robust job outlook. The role of a Medical Assistant might vary significantly based on the healthcare facility they are in, encompassing both administrative and clinical tasks. Some regular duties include:
- Assisting in physical examinations and minor surgeries.
- Recording patients’ vital signs, height, and weight.
- Managing electronic health records (EHR).
- Ensuring the cleanliness and sterilization of medical instruments and rooms.
- Undertaking EKGs and phlebotomy procedures.
- Handling other clinical tasks as mandated by the facility.
- Familiarity with medical law, ethics, and HIPAA regulations.
- Performing front office duties such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, and understanding billing and coding processes.
Technical Standards for a Medical Assistant
Students in the Medical Assistant program at ACI Medical & Dental School will be required to:
- Assist patients in moving on and off the examination table.
- Have the ability to move equipment and furniture such as examination tables and chairs.
- Stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- Have good hand-eye coordination for reading charts and managing medical supplies.
- Utilize senses to perceive changes in patient conditions and needs.
- Be responsive to verbal instructions from patients.
- Be proficient in performing CPR and checking vital signs for all patients.
Choosing a Medical Assistant Program Near Union County, NJ
In Union County, NJ, attending a Medical Assistant training program can offer students a host of helpful features and benefits that can facilitate a rewarding career in the healthcare sector. Here are some things to consider when choosing a Medical Assistant training program in Union County:
- Proximity to Premier Healthcare Facilities
Union County hosts several well-established healthcare facilities and hospitals, providing students with an opportunity to learn and later work in top-tier medical environments.
- Network Opportunities
Being located close to major cities, including New York City, students can leverage networking opportunities with professionals from various prestigious healthcare institutions, facilitating better career prospects.
- Community Outreach Programs
We work with local communities for outreach programs, offering students hands-on experience and a chance to serve the community.
- Collaboration with Local Healthcare Providers
We collaborate with local healthcare providers for internship opportunities, helping students gain practical experience in real-world settings, an experience highly valued by employers.
- Experienced Faculty
Our school features experienced faculty members who bring a wealth of knowledge and practical experience to the classroom, providing students with insights into the daily workings of a Medical Assistant.
- Preparation for Certifications
We prepare students for necessary certifications, ensuring they are well-equipped to take certification exams which can enhance job prospects.
- Collaborative Learning Environment
We foster a collaborative learning environment, encouraging peer interaction and learning, thereby enhancing the educational experience.
- Diverse Learning Opportunities
Union County, with its diverse population, offers students a chance to experience and learn in a multicultural environment, a valuable asset in the healthcare industry.
- Learning Modules on Emerging Healthcare Trends
Given the evolving nature of the healthcare industry, we incorporate learning modules on emerging healthcare trends, providing students with up-to-date knowledge.
By opting for a Medical Assistant training program in Union County, NJ, students can avail themselves of these features and pave the way for a successful career in the medical field. It is advisable to research specific institutions to confirm the availability of these features.
Reach out to ACI Medical & Dental School today to begin your journey to becoming a Union County Medical Assistant.