Middlesex County Medical Assistant Program
At ACI Medical & Dental School, conveniently located in Eatontown, NJ, our Medical Assistant Certification program provides students with the skills and knowledge required to become a Certified Medical Assistant in just four months. Our students receive hands-on training with state of the art medical equipment in our on-site laboratory. With jobs for Medical Assistants expected to increase 18% by 2030, there has never been a better time to pursue this in-demand career!
Features Of Our Medical Assistant Certification Program
ACI Medical & Dental School offers added value for our students that sets us apart from other programs. Some of the advanced features of our Medical Assistant Certification Program include:
- NHA Certification. Students who successfully complete the Medical Assistant program will be certified through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and prepared to work in a variety of health care settings including doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities assisting doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Our 180-Hour Medical Assistant Internship
At our institution, we believe that a comprehensive education in the field of healthcare requires not only classroom learning but also practical, hands-on experience. That’s why the completion of an internship at a healthcare facility is a crucial component of our Medical Assistant students’ education and career preparation. Through this program, our students can work in a real-world clinical setting, where they will receive practical training from experienced professionals.
During the internship, students will be placed at a clinical site where they will work alongside healthcare professionals, gaining valuable insights into the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant. They will have a mentor assigned to them who will provide guidance and support as they learn new skills and techniques. This hands-on experience is essential for building our students’ confidence and competence in their fields.
In addition to the practical experience gained during the internship, students will also benefit from the opportunity to build their resumes. Having experience in a real-world clinical setting is highly valued by prospective employers and can help students stand out in a competitive job market.
It is important to note that the schedules for the internships are based on the availability of clinical sites, and students should be prepared to complete their internship during the week, from Monday through Friday. Overall, our internship program is designed to prepare our students for successful careers in the healthcare field by providing them with practical experience and valuable insights into the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant.
What Does a Middlesex County Medical Assistant Do?
An integral member of any healthcare team, a certified Medical Assistant has a wide range of career opportunities and a growing job outlook. The job description of a Medical Assistant varies depending on the healthcare facility and can include both administrative and clinical tasks. Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant include:
- Assisting doctors in physical exams and minor surgeries.
- Taking patients’ vital signs, height and weight measurements.
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR).
- Sterilizing medical instruments and sanitizing examination rooms.
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures.
- Other clinical procedures as required by the medical facility.
- Collecting and preparing lab specimens.
- Understanding Anatomy and Physiology terminology.
- Comprehension of medical law and ethics as HIPAA. Regulations are utilized throughout the Medical Assistant’s typical day.
- Front office procedures including answering phones, scheduling appointments, and billing and coding.
Technical Standards For a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant students at ACI Medical & Dental School will be expected to:
- Assist patients on and off the examination table
- Move equipment, examination tables, chairs
- Walk and stand for long periods of time
- Possess good hand and eye coordination skills for reading charts and using medical supplies
- Utilize their senses to recognize changes in patient conditions and needs
- Be able to hear and understand verbal instructions from patients quickly
- Perform CPR and basic first aid as needed
- Check vital signs for all patients and accurately record information in patient charts
- Understand and comply with HIPAA regulations and other ethical standards in the medical field
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, and medical professionals
- Maintain a clean and sterile environment in accordance with OSHA and other safety standards.
About Middlesex County
Middlesex County, NJ is a diverse and bustling area in the heart of the state. As the second-most populous county in New Jersey, it is home to many people, businesses, and attractions. The county boasts a mix of urban, suburban, and rural areas, providing a variety of living and working environments. Middlesex County is well-connected to other parts of New Jersey and New York City, with major highways, public transit options, and proximity to major airports. The county is also home to several universities, community colleges, and research institutions, contributing to its reputation as a hub of innovation and education. With numerous parks, recreational areas, and cultural institutions, Middlesex County offers plenty of opportunities for residents and visitors alike to explore and enjoy all that the region has to offer.Contact ACI Medical & Dental School today to start your Middlesex County Medical Assistant journey.