Ocean County Medical Assistant Program
At ACI Medical & Dental School, conveniently located in Eatontown, NJ, our Medical Assistant Certification program provides students with the skills and knowledge required to become a Certified Medical Assistant in just four months. Our students receive hands-on training with state of the art medical equipment in our on-site laboratory. With jobs for Medical Assistants expected to increase 18% by 2030, there has never been a better time to pursue this in-demand career!
Features Of Our Medical Assistant Certification Program
ACI Medical & Dental School offers added value for our students that sets us apart from other programs. Some of the advanced features of our Medical Assistant Certification Program include:
- NHA Certification. Students who successfully complete the Medical Assistant program will be certified through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) and prepared to work in a variety of health care settings including doctor’s offices, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities assisting doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals. We are proud of our students’ pass rates on NHA exams:
- Secondary Certification Training. Our Medical Assistant Certification program includes training for EKG, phlebotomy and patient care technician certifications.
- Career Assistance. Our Career Assistance Program (CAP) is an important component of the Medical Assistant Certification Program. This comprehensive career readiness training program provides students with the strategies to make career planning a success and assist in reaching his or her employment goals after completing our Medical Assistant program.
- Read our blog post on Interview Tips for Medical Assistants
Our 180-Hour Medical Assistant Internship
At ACI Medical & Dental School, we believe that an internship experience is essential to a Medical Assistant student’s education and career preparation. Our students will be able to apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired in the classroom to a real-world clinical environment, where they will learn from experienced professionals and gain practical experience in their field.
Throughout the internship program, students will be placed at a clinical site where they will work alongside healthcare professionals and perform duties and tasks expected of Medical Assistants. They will be assigned a mentor who will provide guidance and support as they learn new skills and techniques and develop their confidence and competence in the field. Our internship program is a valuable opportunity for our students to gain practical experience and prepare for a successful career in the healthcare field.
In addition to the practical experience gained, students will have the chance to build their resumes with real-world experience highly valued by employers. The internship program provides students with a competitive edge when seeking employment as they have already demonstrated their skills and experience in the field.
It’s important to note that the internship schedule is based on the availability of clinical sites. Students should be prepared to complete their internship during the week, Monday through Friday. Overall, the internship program at ACI Medical & Dental School is a critical component of our Medical Assistant students’ education and career preparation, providing them with practical experience, mentorship, and a competitive edge in the healthcare job market.
What Does a Ocean County Medical Assistant Do?
An integral member of any healthcare team, a certified Medical Assistant has a wide range of career opportunities and a growing job outlook. The job description of a Medical Assistant varies depending on the healthcare facility and can include both administrative and clinical tasks. Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of a Medical Assistant include:
- Assisting doctors in physical exams and minor surgeries.
- Taking patients’ vital signs, height and weight measurements.
- Updating patient electronic health records (EHR).
- Sterilizing medical instruments and sanitizing examination rooms.
- Performing EKGs and phlebotomy procedures.
- Other clinical procedures as required by the medical facility.
- Collecting and preparing lab specimens.
- Understanding Anatomy and Physiology terminology.
- Comprehension of medical law and ethics as HIPAA. Regulations are utilized throughout the Medical Assistant’s typical day.
- Front office procedures including answering phones, scheduling appointments, and billing and coding.
Technical Standards For a Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant students at ACI Medical & Dental School will be expected to:
- Assist patients on and off the examination table
- Move equipment, examination tables, chairs
- Walk and stand for long periods of time
- Possess good hand and eye coordination skills for reading charts and using medical supplies
- Utilize their senses to recognize changes in patient conditions and needs
- Be able to hear and understand to verbal instructions from patients quickly
- Be able to perform CPR
- Be able to check vital signs for all patients
About Ocean County
Ocean County, NJ is a popular coastal area in the eastern part of the state. As of 2020, the county has an estimated population of 613,756. Ocean County is home to several notable communities, including the city of Toms River, which serves as the county seat. The county is known for its beautiful beaches, picturesque boardwalks, and numerous recreational opportunities, making it a popular destination for tourists and residents. In addition to its beaches and natural beauty, Ocean County offers a range of cultural and entertainment options, including theaters, museums, and annual events such as the Ocean County Fair and the Seaside Heights Boardwalk Classic Car Show. The county is also home to several universities and community colleges, providing educational opportunities for residents of all ages. With easy access to major highways, public transit options, and proximity to major airports, Ocean County offers a convenient location for both travel and commuting. Contact ACI Medical & Dental School today to start your Ocean County Medical Assistant journey.