Our In Demand Career Spotlight Series, will focus on careers in the medical and dental industries where demand for skilled workers outpaces supply. At Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School, you can be certified for these in demand careers in three to six months, with the hands-on training and skills you’ll need for your new career.
In this blog post, we will be discussing the dental billing specialist position.
What Does a Dental Billing Specialist Do?
A dental billing specialist is an important part of a dental team that can work in a variety of medical or dental settings.
- A dental billing specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Collecting, posting and managing account payments
- Preparing and submitting claims
- Preparing and sending patient statements
- Following up with insurance companies
- Monitoring any delinquent accounts
- Identifying and resolving and billing complaints or issues
- They must be able to communicate with patients, insurance companies, and fellow healthcare professionals, answering questions and maintaining effective working relationships.
- A successful dental billing specialist must have an understanding of dental billing & coding, basic computer skills, and a knowledge of HIPAA guidelines and regulations regarding insurance.
What is the Job Outlook for Dental Billing Specialists?
As with many healthcare jobs in the United States, the demand for dental billing specialist positions is growing rapidly. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for dental billing specialists is expected to grow 15% between 2014 and 2024, which is much faster than the average national job growth.
Contact ACI Medical & Dental School Today
By completing our Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program, students will be Certified Billing and Coding Specialists within three to six months, ready to take on the responsibilities of a dental billing specialist, or a medical billing specialist.
Classes Starting Soon:
- August 8th – Medical & Dental Administrative Assistant Program Part Time Evening Program
To learn more about this exciting new career opportunity and take the next step towards an in demand job in a growing industry, contact us today.