At Advantage Career Institute Medical & Dental School, our top priority is always the health and safety of our students, staff, and partners.
With the rapidly evolving situation surrounding the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), our entire staff has come together to ensure that there is no disruption to our current students’ education, and that new students can continue to enroll and receive their certification in in-demand medical & dental careers, which is more valuable than ever during this difficult time.
Within 24 hours, our team was able to implement fully online learning capabilities for current and new students:
- We will be using CourseKey for our Learning Management System starting Monday 3/23, and Google Classroom until CourseKey is up and running.
- Internships have been postponed for students who are completing the classroom portion of the program on Wednesday 3/18.
- For students who are scheduled to take NHA Credentialing exams on 4/04, we are working with Senator Vin Gopal and the Governor’s office for approval to test so that they can obtain their credentials to start employment.
- Orientation and Career Assistance Program (CAP 1) will be done virtually on Friday, 3/20
- Books and scrubs pick up will be distributed via curbside pick-up on Friday, 3/20 between the hours of 12:00pm and 3:00pm.
In addition to these procedures for our current students, we have maintained our enrollment process for new students with phone interviews and virtual tours.
As the Coronavirus continues to spread and more of the country is impacted, we believe that getting a job in the medical & dental field is more important than ever. We are fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools and able to offer certification for in-demand careers in only four to five months with our three primary programs:
- Medical Assistant Certification Program
- with Phlebotomy, EKG and Patient Care Technician
- Dental Assistant Training Program
- with Dental Radiology
- Medical and Dental Administrative Assistant Program
- with Electronic Health Records and Medical Billing and Coding
While millions of Americans are facing financial uncertainty, we are in a position to give our students the opportunity to get a new job in the medical & dental fields. We are strongly committed to providing excellent education and employment opportunities while still maintaining the safety of our staff and students during this difficult time.
Frank A. Preston
ACI Medical & Dental School